Step back into the Swing Era of the 1930’s & 1940’s as Toronto Celebrates World Lindy Hop Day-May 26th, 2018.
Join us on May 26th, 2018 for a night of 1930’s/1940’s Big Band Music and Swing Dancing in a fantastic Vintage Venue (the Jam Factory) celebrating the original Swing Dance, THE LINDY HOP.
An event for Lovers of Swing Music/Jazz & Dancing!
- All Ages Welcome
- 2 Beginner Swing Dance Lessons Avail (no partner needed)
- Special Swing Dance Performances
- Live 18 Piece Big Band (Martin Loomer & His Orange Devils)
- DJ’d Swing Music Band Breaks
- Fancy Dress Night (Not mandatory)
- Cash Bar with Muskoka Brewery as the Official Beer Sponsor
- RSVP to the Facebook invite to miss any updates
-Scroll down the website for all the details on the event-
Date: May 26th, 2018
Time: Doors at 6:30 pm. 2 Beginner Lessons: 7pm & 8pm. Social Dance: 9pm-1am
Location: The Jam Factory. 2 Matilda St,Toronto, Ontario
- $30* – (Sold Out) Very limited early bird tickets
- $40* – After early bird tickets are gone & at the door (if avail)
- **NOTE: Last year we SOLD OUT a week before the event & ALL TICKETS INCLUDE: 2 Beginner Swing Dance Lessons (no Partner needed)
Band: Martin Loomer & His Orange Devils
Step into a bygone era and enjoy an enchanting night of music by Martin Loomer’s 18 piece swing band orchestra, The Orange Devils! Featuring music by Duke Ellington, Fletcher Henderson, Jimmie Lunceford, Benny Carter, Count Basie and many more!
NOTE: This Band does not play big dance spaces very often (very rare), so this one of the best opportunities to see them in this environment.
Venue: Jam Factory Toronto
The Jam Factory is a recently-revitalized retro-rustic event space in Toronto’s trendy Leslieville neighbourhood. Built in 1868, and located just above Merchants Cafe, the historic brick and wood beam interior overlooks the Don Valley and is illuminated with natural light and stunning sunsets.
The Dance Floor: The floors are excellent for dancing on as they have give to them, almost like dancing on a wood sprung floor. This is a dancers dream floor!